American Studies
American Studies

Faculty Forms

Travel & Reimbursements

Request for Travel Authorization (RTA)

An RTA must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your travel. The online travel request form can be found HERE.

For more detailed information on travel policies, please consult the Travel Policies in the Handbook of Business Procedures or contact Stephanie.

Faculty Travel Grant (FTG)

Eligible faculty may receive up to $1,200 per academic year for travel expenses to present original papers at scholarly and professional meetings. The FTG department requires faculty to submit applications at least two weeks before travel (an RTA is required in order to route forward your faculty travel grant). For more information, please go to the Faculty Travel Grants page on the Graduate School website. 

Car Rentals

  • All business-related car rentals must be reserved through any of five contracted companies: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz or National.­­
  • Travelers may book rentals through one of the travel agencies (Anthony Travel or Corporate Travel Planners) and, for a fee, through the online booking tool or contact Stephanie for assistance with reserving a rental car. No reservation fee will be assessed when booking directly with their chosen rental car company.
  • Exceptions: None of the vendors noted above are able to provide the vehicle type necessary at the location and date required, or traveler obtained a rental rate lower than that offered by any of the five contracted vendors, including collision and liability coverage.

Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate

Travel Reimbursement

Travel receipts and an itemized list of travel expenses must be submitted to Stephanie for processing. Travel reimbursements must be processed within 60 days of your return.


Pro Card form



Executive Assistant
Stephanie Kaufman