College of Liberal Arts



Expenses relating to entertainment purposes where two or more people participate, including flowers, decor, etc. All Entertainment expenses must serve a business purpose.

COLA Policies & Best Practices

  • All entertainment expenditures require an approved Official Occasion Expense Form.
  • The University is NOT exempt from the mixed beverage tax.
  • If the Dean hosts an event, the OOEF must be approved by the Provost.
  • When possible, a house account should be used for vendors.
  • If guest spouse is in attendance, chair spouse is allowable.
  • Tips should be based on the order subtotal not to exceed 20% (excluding alcohol, taxes, and fees).
  • All purchases must adhere to the $75/person limit, and should not be more than 49.0% alcohol.
  • The OOEF should reflect business reason and benefit to the university.
  • All vendors for a single event should be included on one OOEF.
  • Sales tax for delivery is no longer reimbursable - dine in tax only.


Tevin Cleveland, Administrative Associate, 512-232-7838