European Studies Logo

Faculty Research Grants

Center for European Studies
Faculty Research Grants


Maximum Award Available:
Domestic Research: $1,000
International Research: $2,000
Funded by the U.S. Department of Education

Available for any scholarly research dedicated to Europe. These funds may be used for travel for research on Europe-related topics, although in some instances the funding may be used to attend and/or present a paper at a conference if the applicant can demonstrate that doing so will markedly enhance his/her work on a research project. 

All travel must be pre-approved by the U.S. Department of Education and submitted to CES at least thirty days before purchase of tickets.
All travel must be completed and receipts submitted to CES by August 1, 2018. 

DEADLINE: The application was due by 4:00 p.m. on NOVEMBER 15, 2017

The online application allows for copying and pasting of the 1-page proposal and a short cv. You may e-mail these items directly to CES if you prefer but should verify receipt before the application deadline. If you e-mail these items, please make note in the online application.

  • Center for European Studies

    University of Texas at Austin
    158 W 21st Street
    Austin, Texas 78712