Centralized Business Services
Liberal Arts building


Topics: Authorization | Travel | Lodging | Payments


Prior authorization is required for all visitors. Please begin this process by completing the Professional Services Payment Questionnaire (PSPQ). Please submit this form no less than 10 business days before service begins. CBS will generate a Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) and/or a Purchase Order (if a fee will be paid). If the visitor is from a foreign country, and does not have a U.S. tax ID, a contract will be required for any fee payment. CBS will let you know in this event.

In order to pay the visitor, it may be necessary to create a new EID, or update the existing one with a new Payee Information Form (PIF). Please make sure any visitors are aware that CBS may be reaching out to them to gather necessary documents

Please be sure to include the visa info/type on the PSPQ (required) so we can ensure they are able to be paid, and let you know what paperwork might be required.

Please list any alternative sources of funding (i.e. accounts from other units/co-sponsorship scenarios, etc.) and the name of the person who authorized the funds.


Visitors may be reimbursed for travel expenses, or a direct-bill format may be used. Group authorization (via APS) is available for parties of 10 or more, but will need to be requested well in advance of intended travel dates.

Direct-bill airfare can be arranged using one of the following resources: Anthony Travel, Concur, or Corporate Travel Planners.

Travelers will be required to submit receipts for any expenses they wish to be reimbursed.


Lodging expenses for visitors can be reimbursed or direct-billed (which is the preferred method). Travel Management Services provides a hotel/conference card which can be used to cover visitor lodging.

When direct billing is set up to cover lodging for a group of visitors, a contract is required.

If a visitor wishes to be reimbursed for lodging, they must submit a folio (itemized statement) from the hotel.


Visitors can be paid fees for lectures or services, and be reimbursed for travel expenses once proper approval has been received. It is also important that all visa information has been obtained and reviewed, to determine if payment is allowed.

An invoice, either supplied by the visitor or a signed CBS template, as well as an EICCC is required to initiate the payment process for services.

Receipts (itemized with proof of payment) are required for any reimbursement payments.

For delivery of payment, there are several options available:

  • Wire transfer – Please have the visitor complete the wire info form and submit it to CBS along with their receipts
  • Check pick up – The department contact will be alerted when check is ready. This format means that the payee is able to go to the Cashier Office to pick up the check. Special arrangements are required beforehand if a 3rd party will be picking up the check.
  • Direct deposit (if in US) – this must be set up in the system prior to processing of payment. The visitor will need to complete this form (fix link). Directions can be found here.
  • Mail – a check will be mailed to the payee at the address included on the invoice.



Visa Information

 Visa Table

 Travel Management Services

 Hotel Contracts