CarMax, CarMax Auto Finance (ATL) - Strategy Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7311
Tue, October 1, 2013
This position is located at Carmax Auto Finance in Atlanta, GA.
20 years ago, CarMax started as a way to make the car buying experience simple, fair, and fun. Today CarMax is a FORTUNE 500 retailer and one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies to Work For." And we are hiring talented individuals for Strategy Analyst positions who are interested in:
• Solving original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business problems
• Not only discovering new insights, but successfully implementing them
• Making a significant mark on a growing company
• Developing the fundamental skills for a rewarding business career
Whether you are considering applying your training to industry or consulting, you will find that analysts at CarMax enjoy the same type of challenges.
What is the profile of a Strategy Analyst?
If that sounds like you, the Strategy Analyst position could be the unique opportunity you’ve been looking for. The strategy team at CarMax currently consists of college graduates from top schools with a variety of academic backgrounds (engineering, computer science, economics, statistics, finance, math).
An ideal candidate will have:
• Top-caliber analytic and problem solving skills
• History of achievement demonstrated by strong GPA and/or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, honor societies
• Passion for business and desire to develop into a strong business leader
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer on a full-time basis.
In which business areas do Strategy Analysts work?
Strategy analysts lead advances and decisions in several key business areas:
• Credit strategy: How can we approve more customers for financing? How can we convert more of those approvals into sales?
• Pricing Analysis: What are the correct rates for each customer in order to drive sales while managing profits?
• Servicing Analytics: How can we improve efficiencies in our collection strategy?
• Marketing and consumer insights: How do we reach our customers, increase traffic to our stores, and best use the internet to drive sales and build our brand?
• Industry and competitive research: What middle- and long-term risks are we exposed to, and how best do we prepare to respond?
• Sales process and workforce: What is the best way to serve customers in our stores, and how do we manage, motivate and compensate our sales team?
How do Strategy Analysts make an impact?
Even early in your career at CarMax, you will have the responsibility to own an area of the business and will be expected to improve it. For example, one undergraduate recruit used data analysis to reformulate our retail pricing strategy, pitched and sold his idea to the senior executive team, and implemented a new system nationwide in his first 6 months with the company.
That is the kind of impact you can make at CarMax. And as you do this, you will work closely with the senior executives and analytical managers to develop the fundamental and advanced skills that underpin a successful career in business. In fact, many of our managers in the strategy group started at CarMax as analysts, and our VP of Strategy and Analysis in Richmond started his career here through our undergraduate recruiting program. While an MBA is not required to advance or contribute at CarMax, analysts who have chosen to pursue a business degree have enjoyed superior acceptance rates at many top schools.
Your opportunities to develop, contribute, and lead as an analyst at CarMax are as great as the company’s opportunity to grow. While CarMax is already the largest used car retailer in the country with over 100 superstores across the country, we have only 2% of the 1 to 6-year-old used car market, which, at $280 billion annually, is bigger than the home improvement or consumer electronics industries. CarMax has aggressive growth objectives and plans to enter many new markets over the next several years. As an analyst, you can be an integral part of that growth, all while enjoying a casual and friendly environment, a diverse group of talented associates, a healthy work-life balance, and excellent compensation and benefits.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7311. Application deadline is 10/1/2013.
- About Us
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Career Exploration
- Job Search
- BTT Gateway
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs & Forums
- Law & Graduate School
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: