Linguistics Department

In Memoriam

The University of Texas Department of Linguistics was established in September of 1965.  Below, see some of the names and faces that were here along the way.

Professor Emeritus Arch Hill and Mrs. Hill. Right background: A. Jazayery. Left background: Ruth Lehmann

Professor Emeritus Arch Hill and Mrs. Hill. Right Background: A. Jazayery. Left background: Ruth Lehmann.














Arch Hill and Vicki Fromkin

Left: Arch Hill. Right: Vicki Fromkin.















Left: Arch Hill.

Left: Arch Hill.


  • Department of Linguistics

    University of Texas at Austin
    305 E. 23rd Street STOP B5100
    Robert L. Patton Hall (RLP) 4.304
    Austin, TX 78712
    512-471-1701