A number of print and electronic publications and resources are regularly produced and published through the Middle Eastern Studies programs.
News about upcoming public events, such as conferences, lectures, concerts, etc., is distributed electronically. You may join our public e-mail list by completing the online form.
Middle Eastern Studies published a newsletter between 1982 and 2013 (twice annually between 1982 and 1995; annually between 1995-2013). Although we do not keep back issues for distribution in print, Adobe Acrobat (PDF) versions of the newsletters are maintained in the online newsletter archive.
- The Emerging Voices from the Middle East Series
- the Binah Yitzrit Foundation Series in Israel Studies
- the Middle East Monograph Series
- the Modern Middle East Series
- the Middle Eastern Languages in Translation Series
We also have a series of open source language materials, including Persian of Iran Today.
- Aswaat Arabiyya (Arabic Voices)—a web site designed for learners and teachers of Arabic seeking materials for listening comprehension.
- الكتاب في تعلم العربية / Al-Kitaab fii Ta'alum al-'Arabiyya—The official Web site of the "Al-Kitaab" textbook series by Kristen Brustad, Mahmoud al-Batal, and Abbas al-Tonsi.
- Hebrew Language at The University of Texas—includes video clips, soundbytes, and tutorials designed for use with the "Modern Hebrew for Beginners" and "Modern Hebrew for Intermediate Students" textbooks by Esther Raizen.
- Persian Online—includes video and audio clips for learners and teachers of Persian (Farsi) seeking materials for listening comprehension.
- Persian Catch up at the Café—a distance learning course for Intermediate Persian students designed to allow you to maintain your listening and reading skills in Persian (Farsi). Includes audio, news articles, and other materials authentic to Iran, Tajikistan, and Afghanistan. Created by Anousha Shahsavari to complement second-year Persian coursework.
- Faculty & Research
- List of Programs
- ME Languages & Cultures
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Graduate Admissions
- Funding Resources
- Graduate Student List
- Research & Writing Resources
- Email Lists
- Jobs & Internships
- DMES Graduate Forms
- CMES Graduate Forms
- Undergraduate Studies
- Courses in MES
Center | Institutes
- Center for Middle Eastern Studies
- Academic Program
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
Events & Seminars
- Late Ottoman Civilization
- Gothic Trespass
- UT Antiquities AC
- 2016 Enoch Seminar
- Jil Jadid
- Historical Linguistics and Typology: Assessing a Partnership
- Building Bad
- Western Consortium Language Workshop
- PCIA Conference
- Remixing Religion
- Place Memory, Place Politics
- Int'l Workshop on Historical and Comparative Semitic Linguistics
- Contact Among Genetically Related Languages
- Arabic Linguistics Symposium
- Guests of BJ
- Events Calendar
- Publications | Public Resources
- Alumni | Giving
- About | Contact
- Middle East Library Program
- Hebraica / Judaica Library Program
- Hemispheres: the International Outreach Consortium
Middle Eastern Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
204 W 21st Street Stop F9400
Calhoun Hall (CAL) 528
Austin, TX 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: