Department of Middle Eastern Studies
Department of Middle Eastern Studies

Study Abroad

mediterranean crossroads 2006

Students in Middle Eastern Studies are encouraged to spend a summer, semester, or full year studying abroad. Both undergraduate and graduate students should speak with their advisor about transferability of credit before beginning a study abroad program. For graduate students, only two courses may be transferred for credit from study abroad, and these courses must meet certain requirements to apply to the degree.

The University of Texas at Austin has several exchange and affiliated studies arrangements with numerous institutions in the Middle East:






Students wishing to study abroad are required to attend one of the information sessions held by UT Austin's Study Abroad office. 

After attending one of the information sessions and selecting some candidate programs, you should meet with a study abroad advisor for the Middle East.

The application deadline for study abroad programs is October 1 for spring and March 1 for summer, fall, and full year programs.

Full information on procedures, a database of study abroad programs, and the application for study abroad programs can be found on the study abroad web site.


  •   Map
  • Middle Eastern Studies

    The University of Texas at Austin
    204 W 21st Street Stop F9400
    Calhoun Hall (CAL) 528
    Austin, TX 78712