The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation provides up to $30,000 in funding to students pursuing graduate degrees in public service fields.
Conditions of Eligibility
- You are a full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree with junior-level academic standing or have senior-level standing in the third year of college enrollment.
- You are a US citizen (or a US national from a Pacific Island) or expect to receive citizenship by the date the Scholarship will be awarded.
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Hope to be a “change agent,” in time, improving the ways that government agencies, nonprofit organizations, or educational institutions serve the public.
Read How to Become a Truman Scholar for further details on whether you are a strong candidate for the Truman Scholarship.
The candidate instructions are available on the Truman Scholarship website. Information is also available on Facebook and Twitter.
- 14-question application
- Policy proposal
- Three letters of recommendation
- Recent transcript
Campus applicants should email email@example.com to request access to the ODPS Application for UT Endorsement form. Applications must be received by October 28, 2022.
Recommenders should email their letters directly to Professor Bruster, specifying which of the three categories their letter fulfills (academic potential OR leadership OR public service). It is crucial to communicate to your recommender the importance of addressing one of these categories in depth. Please do not have these letters uploaded to the site.