Liberal arts students learn to think critically, communicate effectively and lead. Our curriculum emphasizes ethics, integrity, citizenship and awareness of global issues. Employers are increasingly seeking this type of well-rounded person in the workplace. Our alumni have careers in politics, international relations, management, education, law, medicine and more.
Liberal Arts majors:
- Are some of the most creative problem solvers because they are introduced to a wide variety of subjects from multiple points of view-oftentimes drawing upon centuries of perspective.
- Hone and refine their communication skills through rigorous language and writing requirements, as well as a wide variety of course papers and projects.
- Gain critical thinking and analysis skills by selecting interdisciplinary coursework, research and experiential opportunities that meet their academic and personal interests.
- Benefit from being part of a large and diverse student body in an environment that supports students as individuals with unique needs, goals and challenges.
- Appreciate literature, art and the pursuit of knowledge, thus beginning their journey as lifetime learners.
Illustration by Caitlin Alexander