Liberal Arts Grants Services compiles a weekly list of upcoming funding opportunities that may be of interest to Liberal Arts faculty and graduate students. Contact us to sign up for weekly emails.
SciVal Funding is a subscription grants database available through UT Libraries. Maintained by Elsevier, SciVal offers one of the most comprehensive grants search engines available. It allows you to set up email alerts based on custom searches and create individual profiles to make the most of the database.
Grants.gov is the online clearinghouse for U.S. federal funding. Sign up for agency-specific alerts or search for opportunities.
Part of UT Austin’s Division of Diversity and Community Engagement, the RFL makes a wide variety of print and online grant seeking tools available to the public. Attend a weekly orientation for individual grant seekers or schedule an appointment with a librarian to make the most of the RFL’s resources.
PND’s Request for Proposals database lists current opportunities from private foundations. Search the database online or sign up for free weekly emails.
1. Know the sponsor's mission and make sure your research is a good fit.
2. Search in short blocks of time (1-2 hours) 2-3 times per semester.
3. Vary your key words and conduct both broad and narrow searches.
4. Sign up for email alerts from relevant funders and professional organizations.
5. Ask your colleagues, mentors, and advisors which grants they apply for.