Staff Champion of Inclusion Award
The College of Liberal Arts Staff Champion of Inclusion Award is designed to recognize the efforts of staff who strive to create and maintain an inclusive environment for the college’s faculty, staff, and/or students, and wider Austin community. Champions of Inclusion go above and beyond their assigned job duties to support diversity and inclusion within COLA, UT, and/or central Texas. Two staff members will receive the Champion of Inclusion Award and be awarded $1,200 each. Self-nominations are accepted.
To nominate yourself or a colleague please click here.
Congratulations to the 2021 Recipients
- Grayson Hunt
- Kevin Hsu
Self-nominations are accepted. To nominate yourself or a colleague please use this nomination form.
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Classified or Administrative & Professional staff within the College of Liberal Arts.
- Must work at least 20 hours per week.
- Must be in current role for at least one year.
- Cannot have any documented performance issues, including any performance improvement plans since the last performance review cycle.
Nominees must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Develops and/or maintains innovative programming that supports diverse students, staff, faculty, or the wider Austin community.
- Recognized for innovation in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives or programming.
- Advocates for inclusive policies, procedures, and/or programming at the unit/department, college, or university level.
- Builds an inclusive climate that supports cross-cultural collaboration and understanding.
- Demonstrated impact on improving the recruitment and/or retention of diverse faculty, staff, or students.
Nominations are open Tuesday, October 18, 2022, to Friday, November 18, 2022. A selection committee will evaluate all eligible nominees. Winners will not be selected by the number of nominations, but by the content of the nominations.