Major requirements for students following the 2016-2018, 2014-2016, and 2012-2014 Undergraduate Catalogs:
Major: Twenty-seven semester hours of coursework in rhetoric and writing, including at least eighteen hours of upper-division work.
- Rhetoric and Writing 306, Rhetoric & Writing.
- Rhetoric and Writing 321, Principles of Rhetoric.
- Each of the following courses (any topic):
a. Rhetoric and Writing 330C, Advanced Studies in Digital Rhetoric.
b. Rhetoric and Writing 330D, History of Rhetoric.
c. Rhetoric and Writing 330E, Rhetorical Theory and Analysis.
- Three hours chosen from Rhetoric and Writing 310, 325M, 328 (any topic), 368C, and 368E.
- Nine additional semester hours in rhetoric and writing, including six hours of upper-division coursework.
Major requirements for students following the 2010-2012 Undergraduate Catalog:
- 3 hours specified Rhetoric & Writing: RHE 306 Rhetoric & Writing
- 3 hours specified upper-division Rhetoric & Writing: RHE 321 Principles of Rhetoric
- 9 hours specified upper-division RHE (3 hours in each): RHE 330C Advanced Studies in Digital Rhetoric, RHE 330D History of Rhetoric, RHE 330E Rhetorical Theory & Analysis
- 12 additional elective hours (including 6 upper-division) in Rhetoric and Writing
- Faculty & Research
- Graduate Studies
- Undergraduate Studies
- Courses in Rhetoric
- Events & Seminars
- First-Year Writing
- Alumni & Giving
- About & Resources
Department of Rhetoric
University of Texas at Austin
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: