Merit and need-based scholarships for Liberal Arts students. A number of awards are made per academic year.
- Competition is held at the beginning of the spring semester (disbursements made in fall and spring of following academic year; if you are graduating in the current spring semester you are not eligible to apply)
- Amount of awards: $1,000 - $2,500
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- For full-time undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts.
- Completion of a minimum of 30 hours in-residence coursework at time of application.
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 3.7.
- Evidence of achievement in leadership and service to the College and community.
- Degree holders will not be considered for this award.
- Submission of a two-page essay
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
- APPLY HERE
Award winners will be selected by the College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the spring semester.
Contact the Liberal Arts Scholarships office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.