Truitt Graduate Fellowship for CREEES Students
Application Deadline: March 1
Open to BOTH incoming and continuing students of the CREEES MA Program!
CREEES is proud to offer the recently endowed Truitt Family Graduate Fellowship in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (formerly known as the Bruce E. and Kathleen B. Truitt Scholarship). This fellowship will provide a stipend of at least $1,500 to incoming or continuing students of the CREEES MA Program (the award may also include a non-resident tuition exemption waiver for out of state students).
The Truitt Family Fellowship is granted to students based on an application essay that demonstrates academic merit and describes current research interests within the Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies region, as well as professional objectives.
You must be currently enrolled in or admitted to the Master of Arts program at CREEES and in good academic standing to receive consideration from the CREEES Truitt Scholarship Committee. The committee has set forth the following criteria that they will use to evaluate applicants:
- Breadth of academic engagement
- Clarity of professional trajectory
- Novelty of contribution to the discipline
- Relevance to current or emerging international issues
- Download, print and fill out the Truitt Scholarship Application Form.
- Include an essay with your name, EID and the words “Truitt Fellowship Essay” at the top of the page. The required essay should demonstrate academic merit, describe your research interests within the Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies region, and include professional objectives.
- All files should be saved with file name "LastName-TruittForm.pdf" or "LastName-TruittEssay.pdf"
- Upload files to the UTBox widget below.
Award notifications will take place in late March (or April, if deadline is extended). Awardees will receive their scholarship payment on Sept 1 (or the first business day thereafter).