College of Liberal Arts

Declaring a Liberal Arts Major

The first step to declaring most Liberal Arts majors is to make an appointment with an academic advisor in that department. If you are currently a student in another college at the University of Texas at Austin, please see the following about internal transfer.

Some Liberal Arts majors require that you first attend an information session. Below is a list of current semester sessions and links to the departments' internal transfer or advising policies.

Environmental Science
Health and Society
International Relations and Global Studies