College of Liberal Arts


Students who are unable to complete a class because of non-academic reasons should discuss this situation with their professor and contact a Liberal Arts academic advisor.

Under certain situations, an incomplete grade (or a “X”) may be given at the discretion of the instructor and if it meets the university criteria for an incomplete. Incompletes may be an appropriate option when non-academic issues arise near the end of the semester. For issues that arise earlier in the semester, a Q-drop may be more appropriate.

When an incomplete is assigned, all remaining coursework must be completed and a final grade reported by the instructor by the end of the next long semester or a grade of “F” will be automatically assigned.

An incomplete does not allow a student to repeat an entire course nor should students re-register for the course in a subsequent semester.