College of Liberal Arts

Residency Requirements

Candidates for all undergraduate degrees must complete at least 60 semester hours of coursework in residence at the University. Transfer students who have completed a substantial amount of transferable, degree-applicable coursework may be obliged to take more courses at the University than their degree program requires, simply to meet the residence requirement.

In addition to the 60 hours in residence, students may also be required to complete a number of hours in major, minor, and upper-division coursework.

University Extension semester-based and self-paced courses do not count as in-residence coursework.