College of Liberal Arts

Undergraduate Taking Graduate Courses

Students can take graduate-level courses for undergraduate credit, if they meet the following criteria:

  • 3.0 GPA
  • 60 hours of completed coursework
  • Consent of the instructor
  • Consent of the department’s graduate advisor
  • Consent of the associate dean for student affairs

Students interested in taking a graduate course for undergraduate credit must visit the Dean’s Office (GEB 2.200) to initiate the process. They will then need to obtain the proper signatures and return the form to the Dean’s Office.

The student will be given access to register for the course and an override is performed to allow the course to count towards the student’s undergraduate degree. If the student would like the course to count towards a particular degree requirement, they should discuss it with their department advisor.

Students also have the option of registering for graduate courses and reserving for use towards a graduate degree. This option can be initiated in the Dean’s Office (GEB 2.200), but must also be approved by the Office of Graduate Studies in Main Building (MAI) 101.