Online and Print Resources
- Interagency Roundtable Scale
- National Standards for Foreign Language Educators
- STARTALK Multimedia Teacher Workshop Collection
- Teaching Foreign Language K-12: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Title IV Language Resource Centers
- National Language Service Corps
- The International Research Foundation for English Language Teaching (TIRF)
Innovative Tools For Collaboration
By relying on text messaging (SMS) and the web, audiences respond with their cell phones, BlackBerrys, iPhones, laptops, desktops, or any other web-enabled device. The audience's feedback is then shown in real-time in the presenter's PowerPoint slides or web browser.
The world’s leading online scheduling service, Doodle takes the pain out of finding the right date and time for a group of people to meet and makes scheduling virtually effortless.
Free, online multilingual dictionaries supported by language forums. Have a question about usage? Search the hundreds of thousands of previous questions! Still not sure? Post a query and native speakers will assist you.
Innovative software that teaches students and supports teachers throughout the research and composition process. Guides students in their efforts to search for and assess information sources. Helps with recording, organizing and synthesizing information using online note cards. Formats bibliographies according to MLA, APA or Chicago style.
Feedback has never been so easy. You post a document and invite people. They give you feedback using text, audio or video. Whatever the file (doc, pdf, rft, txt), you can upload, share, and critique faster and more efficiently than ever before. Includes customizable tools to annotate texts.
Developed by faculty and graduate students from the Department of English at the University of Texas at Austin, eComma allows you to experience a text as fully as possible as you share your observations and interpretations with other readers. Collaborative online annotation offers a new kind of reading experience: instead of making notes in the margin of a book, readers can now share their reactions instantaneously and build a body of commentary about a text together.
Please send suggested additions to the TLC at email@example.com.
- A Differentiated Approach to Community College Language Instruction by Dr. James Bernhardt
- European Union Language Standard - Common European Framework
ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines
- Interagency Language Roundtable Self-Assessment Guidelines - Speaking | Reading | Listening
- National Language Service Corps Detailed Skills Self-Assessment