Funding from The Language Flagship allows the AFP to offer merit-based funding for scholars who have demonstrated the necessary aptitude and motivation for learning Arabic.
Scholars are eligible for funding to support the following programs:
- The Arabic Summer Institute at the University of Texas
- The Arabic Overseas Flagship (AOF) approved summer programs
- The AOF "Capstone year" in Meknes, Morocco
- In-state tuition waivers for non-resident students to attend the University of Texas
For tips on additional funding, please see the sources below for scholarships that our students have been successful in obtaining in the past:
- Texas Scholarships
- Liberal Arts Scholarships
- Education Abroad Scholarships
- Boren Scholarships: Boren Scholarships provide up to $25,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin American, and the Middle East.
- Critical Language Scholarship Program: Sponsored by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC), the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program offers intensive summer language institutes overseas in eleven critical need foreign languages.
- Office of Student Financial Services
- Benjamin A. Gilman Award
- QFI Arabic Study Awards