Law School Admissions Coaching Appointments
Liberal Arts Students
Learn how to schedule your pre-law appointment here, and explore our law school admissions coaching drop-in schedule, usually available during Fall & Spring semesters.
UT Austin Current Undergraduate Students
Liberal Arts Career Services offers free law school admissions coaching to all current UT Austin undergraduate students, regardless of major. Learn how to register and schedule your appointment here.
Liberal Arts Career Services offers fee-based law school admissions coaching services to all degree-holding alumni of The University of Texas at Austin outside of the free grace period. Explore our coaching services here.
We are excited to host pre-law drop-ins in person in Spring 2023! Drop-ins are perfect for quick questions, these are typically shorter appointments that only last 15 minutes or less. If you'd like to review written elements including a resume, personal statement or optional statement, please setup a scheduled appointment for 30 minutes. Drop-ins will occur every Wednesday from 1-2pm at the Liberal Arts Career Services Office.
Building/Suite: FAC 2.106 (2nd Floor)
Spring 2023 Semester Dates: 1/11/23 - 4/19/23
Unavailable Drop-in Dates: 2/1/23, 3/1/23, 3/15/23, 3/22/23
Visit our Law School Admissions Coach for help navigating the law school application process, including:
- Determining whether being a lawyer is in line with your professional goals
- Strategizing ways to effectively prepare for the LSAT
- Discussing what factors to consider when researching and selecting law schools
- Selecting strong recommenders for letters of recommendation
- Addressing potentially adverse or sensitive topics in a law school application
- Compiling a cohesive law school application that highlights your strengths
- Reviewing your application materials*, including your resume, personal statement, and optional essays
- Researching resources and tools for financing your legal education
- Managing the waitlist through effective communication with law school admissions professionals
- Deciding between multiple law schools or scholarship offers
*LACS policy prevents us from providing critiques of personal statements for students who have not submitted their draft essays and resume at least 24 hours in advance of their appointment. Pre-law students can upload their document into their handshake account, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their attached document for review.
Please be advised that all University employees are legally required to report any Title IX violations referenced in your admissions essays to UT's Title IX Office.
Pre-Law Handbook (UT EID required). The Liberal Arts Pre-Law Handbook is designed to help you learn what you can do as an undergraduate to explore your interests in law school, prepare for the law school application process and consider your eventual school selection. Mobile device users: you may be prompted to register with Box to gain access to UT Box files from smart phones and other application-based devices.