Undergraduate Advising helps you:
- explore French or Italian as a new major
- plan your French or Italian degree
- learn about French or Italian courses and faculty
- answer questions about FR/ITL courses and sequencing
**Students please remember to include your UT EID in all email correspondence with any UT faculty/staff.**
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
(Please direct all general advising inquiries to the undergraduate academic advisor.)
- For Virtual Walk-In Advising (15-minute max Zoom session, no appointment necessary), please refer to the VIRTUAL WALK-IN CALENDAR for availability.
- Advising is available through Zoom (typically audio with shared screen) by APPOINTMENT, Monday-Friday, 9am-12pm & 1pm-3pm.
- Appointments are not scheduled via email.
- Please leave specific questions in the comments section when making an appointment and make sure you receive a confirmation email including your Zoom link.
Fall 2022: https://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules/229
- Please check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) for your specific window of access to the registration system to enroll yourself in classes.
- If a course shows "open; reserved" or "waitlisted," please add yourself to the waitlist, as any open seats will be filled from the waitlist. Should seats remain open near to the start of class, any open seats will be filled from the waitlist.
- If you are a triple major or a declared major/minor in a subject but do not yet have access to priority seating for the class please email the academic advisor(s) for that subject for further help accessing necessary coursework.
- If you are in need of a prerequisite waiver to register and meet the qualifications to request a waiver (ie-you've completed transfer coursework that does not yet show on your audit or you have the ability to claim CR for prerequisite coursework), please complete the French Prerequisite Waiver Request Form or the Italian Prerequisite Waiver Request Form, as appropriate.
- Currently a student in another college? Declare your French major using the Internal Transfer Portal.
- Currently a Liberal Arts student? Declare your French major by emailing the Undergraduate Academic Advisor.
- Wish to declare your French minor? You may do so HERE. (Once you have applied for the minor, you'll need to contact your major advisor to have them attach it to your major profile.)
Undergraduate Faculty Advisors
Undergraduate French Faculty Advisor
HRH 3.112A (please email for availability)
Undergraduate Italian Faculty Advisor
Antonella Del Fattore-Olson
HRH 2.106B (please email for availability)
AP/IB/ACT/SAT Test Credit - (know what course credit your test scores will earn)
Automated Transfer Equivalency - (check how transfer coursework will show on your UT degree audit)
Interactive Degree Audit (IDA) - (check your degree progress)
Petition for Credit - (claiming course credit available to you)
Registration Information Sheet - (know your registration time and clear any bars prior to your registration access time)
Student Testing Services - (schedule placement exams and info about testing process at UT)
Texas OneStop - (questions about financial aid, billing, & requesting transcripts)
University and Liberal Arts Core Courses List - (current approved courses for core curriculum and general education requirements in your degree audit)
UT Admissions - (transfer coursework submission)
UT Planner - (visual planning app for course schedule registration)