Arabic Summer Institute
Arabic Summer Institute (ASI)
The Arabic Flagship Program and the Department of Middle Eastern Studies at The University of Texas at Austin are proud to offer the Arabic Summer Institute (ASI), providing an intensive language and culture program for beginning, intermediate, and advanced students of Arabic.
With the largest full-time Arabic faculty in the country, more courses at all levels of Arabic, and a thriving events and cultural environment, UT’s Department of Middle Eastern Studies is rated among the best in the country. Set in friendly Austin, our program and our University are committed to continually expanding our curriculum to help students meet their academic goals. The Arabic Summer Institute illustrates our continued commitment to excellence.
- June 1 - August 11
- Application Priority Deadline: March 3, 2023
- Application Final Deadline: April 15, 2023
Program at a Glance
- Intensive ten-week summer program equivalent to one full academic year
- Open to all qualified students (competitive admission by application), must be at least 18 years old by the start of the program
- Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced training combining instruction in MSA and Colloquial Arabic
- 21 contact hours per week
- Weekly Dardasha (chat) classes and daily Open Tutoring opportunities to develop oral skills
- A fully incorporated cultural program with lectures, films, hands-on workshops and guest speakers
- Competitive cost of attendance
- Dedicated, supportive faculty trained in Arabic pedagogy
Questions? Contact Us!
Arabic Summer Institute Staff
Julia Nelson: email@example.com
Assistant Director, Arabic Flagship Program
Cheng-Wei Lin, ASI director