Scholarships & Financial Aid
Scholarship info for applicants and incoming students
- The Office of Financial Aid coordinates the University's scholarship programs.
- All students who apply for freshman admission and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be considered for scholarships. There is no separate freshman scholarship application.
- An applicant who submits an application via ApplyTexas.org (or Coalition Application) will be automatically considered for Plan II Honors scholarships. The deadline is December 1.
- The Plan II scholarship committee uses the "need ranking" assigned by Financial Aid using the information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- FAFSA summaries help us decide how to award most of these scholarships.
- Applicants who do not submit the FAFSA application are less likely to be eligible for and/or considered for Plan II scholarships.
- There is not a separate merit scholarship application or financial aid scholarship application for Plan II Honors applicants.
Plan II Honors Scholarships
Plan II Honors is able to offer a small amount of scholarships to incoming students. These Plan II Honors scholarships are awarded primarily on a financial need-basis, however some scholarships are awarded strictly for merit. Most awards range from $1,000 to $5,000 for an academic year, although a few larger awards are available.
Please note that the majority of our available scholarships are for continuing students. Incoming Freshmen will be able to apply for these scholarships the Spring semester of their freshmen year. These typically range in the $2,000 to $5,000 for an academic year. Plan II also has travel grants, scholarships for study abroad expeirences, as well as thesis grants. For more informaiton on scholarship opportunities for current students, check out the scholarship information here.
For an overview of the UT scholarship process, see TexasScholarships
For additional information on financial aid and need based awards, see Texas Financial Aid
*Financial aid must be re-evaluated whenever a scholarship or fellowship is awarded, even if you have already accepted/received awards.
Tuition Exemption information for Valedictorian and other options can be found here