About the PRC
The Population Research Center (PRC) aims to provide outstanding infrastructure resources and sustain a dynamic interdisciplinary culture geared toward facilitating the highest level of population-related research among its faculty members and graduate and undergraduate trainees. The PRC supports research that moves well beyond the bounds of traditional demography to the cutting edge of population research.
To advance our research agenda, we provide PRC faculty research associates and affiliates with state-of-the-art administrative and scientific and technical services as well as a dedicated development team. Further, we support researchers with active collaborators and mentors within the PRC, a Brownbag Speaker Series to extend their research interests, and dedicated space to conduct their research and training activities.
Underlying the work of the PRC is a foundation that emphasizes:
- fundamental attention to issues of social and economic inequality, particularly by race/ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status;
- rigorous attention to, and application of, the most appropriate and advanced methodological techniques; and
- an orientation toward federal and major foundation grant funding and publication in top quality scientific journals.
Most of the research is concentrated in four overlapping and reinforcing thematic areas: Family Demography and Intergenerational Relationships; Education, Work, and Inequality; Population Health; and Reproductive Health. Many PRC researchers work in more than one of these overlapping and reinforcing areas, and in collaborative, interdisciplinary teams.
The PRC also hosts various projects on special topics relevant to contemporary population studies.
- Administrative Support
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Research Administration and Compliance
- Scientific & Technical Core
- Development Core
- Events and Seminars
- Giving to the PRC
Population Research Center
University of Texas at Austin
305 E. 23rd Street
Austin, Texas 78712-1699
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: