Separations & Retirement
- When you are leaving your position, whether you are moving to another role on campus or leaving UT, you will need to work through the items on the Employee Separation Checklist
- Please note that all keys should be returned to the Key Office (SER 101).
- All university-owned equipment, including computers and other equipment purchased on grant funds, should be returned to your supervisor at the end of your position.
Retiring from UT Austin
- Employees planning to retire from UT should review the Pre-Retirement Checklist at least 6 months before your expected retirement date:
- Employees nearing retirement age are highly encouraged to attend a “Retiring from UT Austin” session. Sessions are offered the 2nd Wednesday of every month on the main UT campus. For more information and to register, visit UTLearn and search for “Retiring from UT Austin.”