Professional Development Awards
2022 Professional Development Awards
The Texas Language Center is currently accepting applications for Professional Development Awards in 2022. These awards are made to instructors of languages at UT who are seeking to develop new materials, courses, or methods for teaching their languages, or who would like to attend a conference or purchase materials in order to improve their teaching.
To apply, complete the form available at this link: 2022 Professional Development Award Application.
The deadline for all submissions is January 31, 2022.
2021 Professional Development Award Recipients
The Texas Language Center is pleased to announce its Professional Development Award recipients for 2021!
This year’s recipients, including graduate students and lecturers from across four departments, are:
- Víctor Garre León, Assistant Instructor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese - ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) Tester certification and attendance to the 2021 ACTFL convention
- Frane Karabatic, Lecturer in the Department of Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Creating an Open-Access Elementary Croatian Textbook
- Oksana Lutsyshyna, Lecturer in the Department of Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Student-Generated Podcasts and Digital Storytelling in Collaborative Ukrainian Language Classroom
- Mina Kim, Lecturer in the Department of Asian Studies - Alone Together: Project-based language learning & learner autonomy
- Amanda Bush, Lecturer in the Department of French and Italian - La cultura dall’estero: Seeking Italian Culture Online
- Mariana Sabino-Salazar, Assistant Instructor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese - Teaching Materials for Spanish Speakers Learning Portuguese
- Pablo Reinoso-Andres, Lecturer in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese - Teacher training courses “Strategies to conduct meaningful classroom observations among peers” and “Integration of students with visual impairment and blindness in the Spanish as a foreign language classroom”
- Beatriz Schleppe, Lecturer in the Department of French and Italian - FR320/322 Debate videos
Look for these exciting projects to be presented in next year’s Language Matters lectures series!