The Center for Middle Eastern Studies' Outreach Program has been working to enhance knowledge and understanding of the Middle East and its component cultures in K-12 and postsecondary schools, businesses, civic and nonprofit organizations, the media, and the general public since the mid 1970s.
The Outreach Program brings the resources of the Center to schools and the community through a variety of avenues, including:
- a multi-media resource lending library, through which materials are loaned free of charge to users nationwide;
- development of K-12 curriculum materials;
- holding workshops for educators both on campus and on-site around the state of Texas;
- organizing educational study tours to the Middle East for K-12 educators
- connecting with local public school students through the Refugee Student Mentor Program (RSMP)
- and more!
As an active member of Hemispheres, the International Outreach Consortium in the College of Liberal Arts, the University's Educational Outreach Consortium, and the Middle East Outreach Council, our program participates in the coordination of outreach efforts nationwide.