Faculty Leaves and Buyouts
- Buyouts and leaves should be requested by submitting a Faculty Request for Buyout or Leave
- In order to make sure curriculum needs are met, leave requests should be submitted 6 months in advance of the leave semester. You do not need to submit a request if you have already been notified of approval for your leave, including those who have been awarded a CRF, FRA, or modified instructional duties.
- The buyout rate will be calculated based on your teaching load and whether you are considered research or teaching intensive. See the table at the bottom of COLA’s faculty leave page to see the buyout rate appropriate for your teaching load.
Research Fellowships and Assignments
- College Research Fellowship (CRF) – Relieves faculty members of teaching their required organized classes for one long semester in order to devote their attention to a research project
- Faculty Research Assignments (FRAs) – Support initiation, furtherance or completion of a specific research project.
- Summer Research Assignments (SRAs) – Provide assistant professors with salary support while they concentrate on research and writing during the summer.
- Faculty Activity Reports (FAR) and Publications Database – All faculty are required annually to complete a report of their academic and professional activities, and to update and certify their publications, creative works, and other scholarly works.
- Third Year Review - Review that occurs in the spring semester of a tenure-track faculty member's third year in probationary status
- Comprehensive Periodic Review – Evaluation of tenured faculty members that occurs after every six years of service within rank (formerly Post-Tenure Review)
- Promotion and Tenure Review
- Peer Teaching Observations
Departmental Faculty Resources
- The Department of Psychology Faculty Canvas Group provides access to many internal resources, including meeting agendas and minutes. Faculty will be added automatically to this group.
College of Liberal Arts Resources (COLA)
- Liberal Arts Faculty Resources
- Liberal Arts Building Services
- Liberal Arts Classroom Support
- Liberal Arts Digital Media & Web Services