ITS & Phones
Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Support (LAITS)
The LAITS desktop support team provides computer support for all faculty and staff in the College of Liberal Arts for UT-owned equipment. They also provide computer support and imaging services for all classroom console computers and all labs across the college.
Support Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (when the University is open)
Liberal Arts Classroom Support
- Call 512-232-5400
- Email email@example.com
- For the Hakes Library and NOA classrooms call 471-9666.
- Visit the Tecnhnology Classroom Database to search for general purpose classrooms, including information on room setup and available technology.
University Information Technology Services (ITS)
The ITS Help and Service Desk provides students, faculty, and staff at The University of Texas at Austin with a centralized point of contact for computer help, questions concerning ITS services, and navigating IT @ UT. The ITS Help and Service Desk is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
- Information Technology Services (ITS)
- Call 512-475-9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a Help Request Online
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Phone System
UT uses a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP)-based phone system. For an overview of VoIP features and dialing options, please see the ITS Voice Services (VoIP) webpage.
For instructions on setting up and using voice mail, see the UT Voice Mail User Guide.
The new VoIP phones have locations keyed to 911, so please to not attempt to move any phone to a new jack. If you need to move a phone to a new jack, contact the ITS Help Desk beforehand.
Web Publishing at UT
UT Web service - Launched in October 2014, UT Web is a Linux-based shared Web hosting environment for The University of Texas at Austin that will replace the current Web Central service. ITS manages the UT Web publishing space and related tools and utilities to support Web publishers on campus.
UT Box - Box cloud storage is a campus-wide service that allows faculty, staff, and students at The University of Texas at Austin to use Box cloud-based file sharing for business and academic purposes. (Webspace has been retired.) The system provides 150 GB (gigabytes) of storage and file share accounts at no cost to current faculty, staff and students, allowing you to:
- Quickly collaborate on documents and safely store Cat-I data.
- Have a secure method to share files across campus or across institutions.
- Easily sync important files between your desktop, laptop, smartphone and table device.
- Keep files current with apps for iOS, Android and Blackberry.
* Important! All students, faculty and staff should read the Information Security Office's Acceptable Use Policy for UT policy governing the use of UT computing resources.