Virtual Front Desk: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/94269539526
Front Desk Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:30-noon and 1:00-4:00 p.m. The Virtual Front Desk will be closed on Friday, September 15 for a staff retreat.
Am I in the right place?
If you are a current UT Health and Society major, probably so! Though we may refer you to another campus resource for more detailed assistance, we're always eager to try to assist you as you navigate the university. That said, a few common concerns are handled primarily by other offices:
- Texas One Stop: financial aid and billing; outgoing transcripts and certifications
- Liberal Arts Career Services and Texas Career Engagement: career exploration, job search coaching, internship guidance, etc.
- Health Professions Office: health professions prerequisite planning, application assistance, health professions exploration
- Liberal Arts Student Division: Q-drops, Withdrawals, Pass/Fail transactions; Graduation Applications and related items
To talk through your Q-drop, Withdrawal, and Pass/Fail options before visiting the Student Division, please make an appointment with us through the links in the next section.
- Current Health and Society Majors
Please feel free to visit our virtual front desk (details at top of page) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries. A good rule of thumb is to utilize the front desk or gulliver e-mail for questions that would not involve looking up your academic record. For anything else, let's have a conversation! You can set up a meeting through these Calendly links:
- Internal Transfer Students
Current UT students interested in changing to (or adding) a Health and Society major will need to apply through our Internal Transfer process. Applicants are required to attend an Information Session.
- Other Current UT Students
Other inquiries from current or former UT students may also be directed to our virtual front desk or e-mail listed at the top of this page. Please note that our availability may be limited during high-traffic periods.
- Admitted Health and Society Majors
Welcome to the university! We look forward to working with you. Your first advising step is to sign up for orientation through New Student Services. As part of your orientation, you’ll meet one-on-one with an Academic Advisor. Because your registration time is tied to your orientation session, there is no registration advantage to meeting with an advisor prior to orientation. If you have a pressing question, though, please feel free to send it to email@example.com.
- Prospective UT Students
Thank you for your interest in studying Health and Society at The University of Texas at Austin. Prior to your admission, our Office of Admissions will be your primary contact. In addition to the Health and Society website, some of the links below may be particularly helpful to our future Longhorns. Good luck!