Slavic and Eurasian Studies

Faculty Forms

CREEES Travel Request Form

To be used by faculty and staff prior to all travel. Complete the CREEES Travel Request Form (in lieu of an RTA-Request for Travel Authorization) and submit to Jenica Jones in BUR 444 or at

COLA Faculty Travel Grant Application

Eligible faculty must complete the COLA Faculty Travel Grant online application to receive up to $1,200 per academic year (guaranteed) for travel expenses to present original papers at scholarly and professional meetings. This includes reimbursement for all allowable travel-related expenses (such as lodging, meals, transportation and registration, which are non-taxable reimbursements), and can also be used to cover extra childcare expenses incurred due to the travel (a taxable reimbursement). An approved “Request for Travel Authorization,” or RTA, must be on file prior to travel. These funds may be used for foreign or domestic travel. Click HERE for more information.

Eligibility: All tenured and tenure-track faculty members (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Instructor) and emeritus faculty of the College of Liberal Arts are eligible. Senior Lecturers and Distinguished Senior Lecturers with at least five years of service at UT Austin are also eligible. Visiting, adjunct, research and clinical faculty, specialists, lecturers, classified personnel, and other non-teaching staff are ineligible.

CREEES Request for Event/Speaker Co-Sponsorship Form

CREEES regularly accepts co-sponsorship requests for funding related to an event relevant to our region, such as a performance or inviting a speaker to UT-Austin. Co-sponsorship requests should be made through the online Event Co-Sponsorship Request form and with a follow up email to

CREEES accepts faculty-initiated funding requests for visiting speakers, outreach activities, and other events that focus on the REEE region. Co-sponsorship amounts will vary depending on the scope and costs associated with the event, as well as available funds in any given year. We expect the initiating faculty member to “take ownership” of the event in terms of providing a proposed budget, finding and reporting other co-sponsorships, helping to determine and secure needed staffing, and finally playing host to visiting scholars. CREEES cannot bear sole financial or staff burden of any project for any event, but we are certainly willing to work with you to make it happen.


The Payee Information Form (PIF) is required in order to pay any non-UT-affiliated person or organization to receive funds from UT. Submitting the form establishes a Vendor ID with the Office of Accounting. A copy of a government issued photo-ID is required from individuals, as well. Routing instructions are on the form.

IRS Form 8233

The IRS Form 8233 is the Foreign Tax Form for non-USA citizens receiving stipend from UT.

Car Rentals (requires log-on with UT EID)

Click here for more information on the UT Travel Management Services car rental webpage.