LAC Study Abroad
For Liberal Arts students studying or conducting research abroad.
Students planning to attend year-long programs are encouraged to apply.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of each long semester
- Amount of awards: $500-$2,000
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- For undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts
- Based on need and scholastic aptitude
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 2.75 and minimum 12 hours in-residence
- Degree holders will not be considered for this award
- Submission of three one-page essays
- If chosen as a finalist, an interview will be required.
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time during period of award.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
Award winners will be selected by the Liberal Arts Council Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the semester in which you apply.
Contact the Liberal Arts Scholarships office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-475-7586 for more information.