McReynolds and Kirkpatrick Memorial Awards in Pre-Medical Studies
For Liberal Arts students in the pre-medical sequence of courses.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of the spring semester
- Amount of award: varies between $500 - $1,400
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- For undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts with at least one semester completed in the College.
- For undergraduate students with the pre-medical advising codes (14 or 17)
- Completion of a minimum of 15 hours of coursework in residence, at time of application.
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 3.25
- Evidence of achievement in leadership and service to the College and community.
- Degree holders will not be considered for this award.
- Submission of two one-page essays
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time during period of award.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
- APPLY HERE
Award winners will be selected by the College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the spring semester.
Contact the Liberal Arts Scholarships office at email@example.com.