McReynolds and Kirkpatrick Memorial Awards in Pre-Medical Studies
For Liberal Arts students in the pre-medical sequence of courses.
- Period: Competition is held at the beginning of the spring semester
- Amount of award: varies between $500 - $1,400
- Deadline: See scholarship chart
- For undergraduate students currently enrolled in Liberal Arts with at least one semester completed in the College.
- For undergraduate students with the pre-medical advising codes (14 or 17)
- Completion of a minimum of 15 hours of coursework in residence, at time of application.
- UT-Austin GPA of at least 3.25
- Evidence of achievement in leadership and service to the College and community.
- Degree holders will not be considered for this award.
- Submission of two one-page essays
- One letter of recommendation from a UT faculty member.
- A thank you letter will be required, if awarded.
- When you apply online, the first step is filling out your profile; once complete, you will see the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- If the application requires a letter of recommendation, the system will ask you for the e-mail address of the professor you are asking to write a letter of recommendation. The entire process is online, so please do not request a paper version of the letter.
- Please keep in mind that all application materials, including the letter of recommendation, must be received by the deadline.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time during period of award.
- Please be sure you have read the information above before you apply online (UT EID login required).
Award winners will be selected by the College Scholarship Committee and announced by the end of the spring semester.
Contact the Liberal Arts Scholarships office at firstname.lastname@example.org.