Summer 2022 Graduation In Absentia Application for Students Not Enrolled
June 2 to August 12
Online application for students who:
- are not currently enrolled at UT Austin.
- have completed all degree requirements or will complete any lacking requirements during the current semester outside of UT Austin (transfer and University Extension).
- are not barred for registration
- Step 1: Check your degree audit
All degree requirements must be completed or in progress before beginning the in absentia graduation process. For coursework in progress, verification of enrollment must be uploaded with the application. If transfer coursework was already completed, contact the Office of Admissions at 512-475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Step 2: Clear your bars
View and clear any registration bars before submitting your in absentia request.
- Step 3: Submit the in absentia request
Submit the in absentia request here.
- Step 4: Submit the in absentia registration form
Once a Student Division advisor reviews the request and confirms eligibility (allow one week for processing), you will receive the in absentia registration form by email. Complete and return the in absentia registration form within one week after receipt.
- Step 5: Confirm your registration and graduation application
You will receive a confirmation email from our office when your in absentia registration form has been received. You will receive a second email once your application has reached final approval. Please allow at least two weeks for processing.
Once completed, you can review your graduation application status here.
Important Deadlines for Degree Certification
Final exams for University Extension self-paced courses should be taken by August 5.
Transcripts from other institutions must be received August 19.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with the online graduation application.
Are you eligible for a tuition rebate? Find out.