Fall 2023 Graduation In Absentia Application for Students Not Enrolled
August 21 - December 4 (Priority Deadline - October 23)
Online application for students who:
- are not currently enrolled at UT Austin.
- have completed all degree requirements or will complete any lacking requirements during the current semester outside of UT Austin (transfer and University Extension).
- Step 1: Check your degree audit
All degree requirements must be completed or in progress before beginning the in absentia graduation process. For coursework in progress, verification of enrollment must be uploaded with the application. If transfer coursework was already completed, contact the Office of Admissions at 512-475-7399 to request credits be posted to your academic record.
- Step 2: Clear your holds
View and clear registration holds before submitting your in absentia request. Financial holds totaling up to $1000 may remain on your account during the in absentia process but must be cleared before transcripts and diplomas are released.
- Step 3: Submit the in absentia request
Submit the in absentia request here.
- Step 4: Submit the in absentia registration form
Once a Student Division advisor reviews the request and confirms eligibility (allow one week for processing), you will receive the in absentia registration form by email. Complete and return the in absentia registration form within one week after receipt.
- Step 5: Confirm your registration and graduation application
You will receive a confirmation email from our office when your in absentia registration form has been received. You will receive a second email once your application has reached final approval. Please allow at least two weeks for processing.
Once completed, you can review your graduation application status here.
- Step 6: Degree verification
- Degrees will be certified after the semester ends and can be verified here.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the permanent address on file two to three months after degree certification; please confirm your address is correct here.
- Due to different semester ending dates between UT Austin and other Texas schools, degrees for students who are concurrently enrolled may be delayed by a month. Students unable to meet the transcript deadline because of the different ending dates are encouraged to submit the transcript as soon as it is available.
- Accordion 2Panel 2. Add body text in this space.
- Accordion 3Panel 3. Add body text in this space.
- Accordion 4Panel 4. Add body text in this space.
- Accordion 5Panel 5. Add body text in this space.
Important Deadlines for Degree Certification
Final exams for University Extension self-paced courses should be taken by November 30.
Transcripts from other institutions must be received December 14.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with the online graduation application.
Are you eligible for a tuition rebate? Find out.